As a university community, it’s important for us to join together from time to time to discuss issues that are meaningful for all of us.  As we look to our future, I would like to address with you the characteristics that make us a stronger, more dynamic university.

Mutual understanding is deepest when people are present together. Therefore, I invite you to join me at the Fenway Center on Monday, February 4th at 4 p.m., where I will share my perspectives on how we can move forward as a dynamic and diverse institution.  This event will kick off a series of programming as part of World Interfaith Harmony Week, sponsored by our Center for Spirituality, Dialogue and Service.

We all can be proud that Northeastern is a diverse community that reflects and represents the world in which we live.  I hope you will join me to reaffirm collectively that mutual respect and understanding must always be indispensable elements of Northeastern’s culture.  Together, we can ensure that the diverse faiths and traditions represented on our campus continue to be bonds that unite us, bridge lines of division, and promote our common good.

Sincerely,

Joseph E. Aoun
President