To the Northeastern Community:

I am writing to invite you to join me and others from the Northeastern University community at the Annual Holocaust Awareness President’s Breakfast to be held on Tuesday, March 20th from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. in the Raytheon Amphitheater, 240 Egan Center on campus.

The Holocaust caused unspeakable and horrible pain and tragedy for millions. I believe it is vital that we continue to teach new generations about these atrocities to elevate their awareness and to increase their compassion for humanity. Our annual breakfast meeting provides us with the opportunity to reflect on and commemorate the victims and to celebrate the survivors.

This year’s speaker will be Inez Hedges, Stotsky Professor of Jewish Historical and Cultural Studies, and Co-Director, Cinema Studies Program, Northeastern University, who will speak on “Holocaust and Living Memory: France and the Shoah.” Northeastern student scholar Jonathan Meacham will perform a musical tribute to the victims of the Holocaust. Mr. Meacham is the current recipient of the University’s Gideon Klein Scholarship, which is presented to a student to perform or study the music of composers who were persecuted by the Nazis.

I welcome your presence.

Sincerely,

Joseph E. Aoun