To the Northeastern Community:

I would like to invite the entire Northeastern University community to join me for the annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Convocation on Wednesday, January 10, 2007, at 11:45 a.m. in Blackman Auditorium. The convocation is a commemoration of the legacy of Dr. King, especially his commitment and contribution to the struggle for social justice and human rights, both within the United States and around the world.

We are honored to have as our guest keynote speaker Mrs. Myrlie Evers-Williams, the widow of Medgar Evers who was a slain civil rights leader from Jackson, Mississippi. Mrs. Evers-Williams, chair emeritus of the NAACP, is the author of two books: an autobiography entitled Watch Me Fly: What I Learned on the Way to Becoming the Woman I Was Meant to Be and For Us the Living. Mrs. Evers-Williams received an honorary Doctor of Public Service degree from Northeastern University in 2005.

All students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend a reception and a question and answer session with Mrs. Evers-Williams at the John D. O’Bryant African-American Institute in the Amilcar Cabral Center immediately following the convocation.